Nothing makes time move slower than the wait between competition rounds to find out whether or not you have advanced. Right now I am in that position. Tonight the results will be announced at the theater at 10:45PM (to late for this Mama to be in Den Bosch) They'll also be announced on the web. My voice teacher said she would try to send me an SMS (txt message) when she knows since she is working in the competition.
I thought it might be a great idea to pass the time between playing with brandon by posting a blog about our week. I wish I could keep up with everything happening these days. I get all these great blog ideas to write and then never post so lets hope I can get a few down in this one.
First off I have to say I have to best husband in the world. I've been working my butt off with keeping this move organized, selling appliances, cleaning, cooking, raising Brandon, getting to the gym Mon-Fri, making the house inventory list, ect, ect, ect. Well a week or so ago he came to me and said that since I've been working so hard and he hasn't had to lift a finger for this move he said I could treat myself to a new Louis Vuitton purse, of course there was a budget but I thought it was so sweet of him to recognize my hard work.
*I hope everyone doesn't think I get a designer purse any time I do a lot of work. This was just a special occasion, and these over the top presents will be ending now that we are leaving Europe.
So last Tuesday Brandon and I went to Amsterdam to get some touristy items AND a trip to Louis Vuitton. The store associates were so nice to Brandon, (I know they are paid to be nice, but I've been to many LV stores and they are not all nice) many of them were surprised how good and quiet he was. I decided to take the bi bi out of his mouth to magnify the cuteness with some Brandon talk/ gurgling. He did not disappoint me and charmed the whole store, even security loved him.
So after I purchased my new purse in encre we got back on the train home. I was forced to take a slower train because I wanted to get off at a station with an elevator. The ride was not as smooth as others, Brandon was so grumpy and made himself very vocal. I tried everything to calm him, but I made a horrible mistake. I forgot to buy some water at the station so I could not make a bottle for him. I knew the only way to get him calm would be a bottle or nurse. So between The Hague and Rotterdam Central I was the lady nursing my baby on the train. THANK goodness I still bring a blanket with me everywhere so I was able to cover up. But I swear I was so exhausted from trying to calm Brandon that I did not care if I flashed a boob to anyone. I completely understand the moms that say "If you don't like it then don't look." Nursing worked like a charm. I love being able to put him into a milk coma. I just felt like such a knuckle head forgetting water.
Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have to tend to a screaming baby


No comments:
Post a Comment